I have desperately tried to remain UPBEAT this week and, in all honesty, it has been incredibly tough. Things began to unravel for us on Saturday lunchtime when we had to cancel a weekend of celebrations due to illness. We were utterly deflated and basically this set the tone for the rest of the week.
As I’m often branded a pessimist by my own father (thanks dad), I am determined that my blog, for the most part, will be a whinge free zone. So don’t panic, I am sparing you the gory ins and outs of our week. Instead I have chosen to share the things that made me smile and got me through to Friday...
- SLEEP - Poppy moved into her own room and finally dropped the night feeds so I have had my first full nights’ sleep (yes multiple) in almost nine months. Hooray!
- DISNEY - I managed to take all three little ones to see Finding Dory at the cinema and we also watched lots of classic Disney films at home. Thank you Walt.
- A PLAN - Theo had a very positive appointment at the dental hospital. He is going to be reviewed again in six months with a view to commencing treatment. You can read more about our family’s dental issues here.
- MILESTONES - Poppy started pulling herself up and cruising the furniture. Is this a good thing? I’m not so sure, but it certainly made me smile!
- SIBLING BONDING - We played lots of games, read lots of books and did some drawing. It was great watching Izzie and Theo play properly together. He learns so much from her and he teaches her the need for patience and understanding!
- DISTRACTIONS - I won’t lie, my new phone together with blogging, reading and watching the Olympics have also been fantastic distractions from the grim realities!
I’ve got everything crossed that this week will be better but, if its not, I’ll take Dory’s advice and “just keep swimming”!