For a while I've been meaning to introduce a tradition of asking my children the same questions each year and keeping a note of their answers. In theory it seems like such a simple idea but in reality things always get a bit manic around their birthdays and I forget. So with Izzie starting school next week, I thought that this would be the perfect time to begin.
I made a list of 15 really straightforward questions and it was lovely to sit down with Izzie and go through them together. She is normally such a chatterbox so it was quite a surprise when she gave me such brief answers!
- Can you write your name for me? Of course...
- How old are you? 4
- What makes you happy? Being with my Mum and Dad. Apparently we are no longer Mummy and Daddy.
- Tell me something about yourself? Like what? Anything about you. I’ve got brown eyes like Daddy and you’ve got blue eyes.
- Who is your best friend? Harry. She is going to marry Harry.
- What would you like to be when you grow up? A fire lady (firefighter) and an author.
- What is your favourite thing to do? Aquabeads. She did these yesterday.
- Where is your favourite place to go? To Lotherton. Lotherton Hall is only a short drive away from our house and she loves visiting the flamingos.
- What is your favourite song? Let It Go!
- What is your favourite colour? Pink.
- Do you have a favourite animal? Cows. I literally have no idea where this answer came from.
- What do you like to eat and drink? Apple juice and ham sandwiches. I feel this indicates just how rubbish I am in the kitchen!
- What is your favourite book? The Magic Finger by Roald Dahl.
- What do you like to watch on TV? Elsa and Anna (Frozen).
- What would you like to learn or do at school this year? How to read books. Actually no, how to write books because you know I’m going to be an author so I’ll need to know. This is obviously my favourite answer and it is the answer she thought about the most.
Now all I need to remember is to ask the same questions at the start of each school year and of course take the obligatory first day photographs! Do you have any back to school traditions?
Until next time...
Kate & the Mini Reviewers xx
Another Julia Donaldson! How marvellous!!!!!!ReplyDelete
What a great tradition - Archie is starting school on Tuesday so I'm definitely going to do this with him tomorrow! Izzie gives such considered answers too...being an author was my childhood dream; I hope she learns how to do it this year at school! #KCACOLSReplyDelete
I love asking my eldest questions like tho. They come out with the most random answers don't they?!! #KCACOLSReplyDelete